How Much Money Am I Actually Saving With My Solar Panels?
- What are my solar savings?
Solar energy monitoring systems usually operate through their own proprietary software provided by the inverter manufacturer, and that is a very effective way of knowing how much energy you are producing – but that’s usually where the information ends. Companies and homeowners then need to wait 30 to 60 days for their utility company to send them a statement of how much is either owed or credited.
Now you have your statement and are scratching your head wondering – is this correct?
How much money is my solar saving me?
- Did you receive your full Return on Investment?
- What if you had issues with your set up?
It is now far too late to make any changes to maximize your solar energy – also known as your money.
The Eyedro EYEFI system monitors your solar generation AND your consumption at the same time. This NET METERING is the key to understanding your electrical ecosystem and how to maximize your return. Homeowners and Business owners alike can access this information in several ways, including through mobile phones, tablets and computers.
- What happens when your internet goes down for a couple of days due to a storm?
- What if your ISP has an unexplained outage?
The Eyedro solar energy monitor has Store and Forward for up to X days, in real time. This means that when the internet goes down, your monitoring capabilities do not.
Aside from displaying energy consumption and generation data, the MyEyedro cloud software offers many tools to help you understand your solar energy setup. You can also track historical data from your system and set up reports to be automatically emailed to you.
The MyEyedro Cloud based software allows as many users as you want to access the info and if you ever need to expand your system to monitor key loads such as air conditioners, EV chargers, swimming pool equipment, etc., the system is fully expandable.
For more information on monitoring solar with the Eyedro EYEFI, check out the following articles:
Introducing the Solar Ready Eyedro WiFi
Eyedro WiFi is Here and Includes Several New Features!
New WiFi Models:
- EYEFI-2 for Home – Solar Ready – 2 sensors (available Now)
- EYEFI-4 for Home – Solar Ready – 4 sensors (available December 2018)
- EYEFI-3 for Business – 3-Phase – 3 sensors (available January 2019)
- Connect via WIFI (no ethernet cable)
- SOLAR READY: directional sensors for solar/net metering
- Measures Wh, $, A, V, PF, W (true power)
- Local web server: use with or without MyEyedro cloud service
- Programmers: read data directly from hardware
- Data Logger mode for energy auditors (coming soon)
- Fully compatible with MyEyedro user interface
- Same easy installation
Shop for Eyedro EYEFI Now!
Example of EYEFI-2 on a home with in floor heating and solar panels:
Eyedro EYEFI Live data Sample
Visit Eyedro at the Solar Canada Conference 2018, June 20-21 in Calgary
Visit Eyedro at booth 724!
CANADA’S LARGEST SOLAR ENERGY CONFERENCE
A must-attend event for solar energy professionals, stakeholders and advocates
June 20-21, 2018 | BMO Centre, Calgary, Alberta, Treaty 7 Territory