How to Install EYEFI Sensors for Generation
To explain how to install EYEFI current sensors on your solar/wind/other generation lines.
- Identify the lines (inverter outputs) that come from your generation source into your breaker box.
- Install the EYEFI sensors on the lines as normal.
- Claim the device in My.Eyedro.com.
- Ensure that the outputs of the generation sensors are producing negative values, representing negative consumption (generation).
- Create a Display Group for the Generation sensors. You do this by clicking on the Display Groups tab in the same options screen you used to claim your device then clicking on the “Add Display Group” button.
- You can now set up your Net Meter plugin and view your generation values.
If you need help setting up your Net Meter plugin you can find the How-to for that topic Here.
The How-to for claiming a Device, adding a Display Group, and other Device settings related issues can be found Here.
Generation Data in the Net Meter plugin and the Live Demand plugin:
Eyedro EYEFI Generation Data
For more information:
Suggested next reads:
To contact Eyedro Support:
Via web: Contact Us
How Much Money Am I Actually Saving With My Solar Panels?
- What are my solar savings?
Solar energy monitoring systems usually operate through their own proprietary software provided by the inverter manufacturer, and that is a very effective way of knowing how much energy you are producing – but that’s usually where the information ends. Companies and homeowners then need to wait 30 to 60 days for their utility company to send them a statement of how much is either owed or credited.
Now you have your statement and are scratching your head wondering – is this correct?
How much money is my solar saving me?
- Did you receive your full Return on Investment?
- What if you had issues with your set up?
It is now far too late to make any changes to maximize your solar energy – also known as your money.
The Eyedro EYEFI system monitors your solar generation AND your consumption at the same time. This NET METERING is the key to understanding your electrical ecosystem and how to maximize your return. Homeowners and Business owners alike can access this information in several ways, including through mobile phones, tablets and computers.
- What happens when your internet goes down for a couple of days due to a storm?
- What if your ISP has an unexplained outage?
The Eyedro solar energy monitor has Store and Forward for up to X days, in real time. This means that when the internet goes down, your monitoring capabilities do not.
Aside from displaying energy consumption and generation data, the MyEyedro cloud software offers many tools to help you understand your solar energy setup. You can also track historical data from your system and set up reports to be automatically emailed to you.
The MyEyedro Cloud based software allows as many users as you want to access the info and if you ever need to expand your system to monitor key loads such as air conditioners, EV chargers, swimming pool equipment, etc., the system is fully expandable.
For more information on monitoring solar with the Eyedro EYEFI, check out the following articles: